Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Shubh Deepawali 2015!! Earn The Right To Burst Crackers!!

As Deepawali approaches, the idea of not bursting crackers keeps popping up.
This Blog Handles that "Idea" My Way :-))

In My school days same idea was pushed by sisters (way to address nuns in school) and now it's all over the social Media. And, I feel, the reason is reasonably sound: It caused pollution, both air as well as noise.

Let extent this idea of refraining
So Stop crackers in Deepawali on pollution, Stop litting deepak n save oil, Stop playing holi n save water.
Now lets extend it a bit more...
Lets stop wearing cloths & start wearing tree leaves n bark, as textile industry is one big soure of pollution on land, water & air. 
Did you feel I extended the logic to level of stupidity?? Then I think those pushing the idea of no crackers, should also extend their feeling a bit more & stop thinking stupid in terms of celebrating Deepawali or any festival for that matter.

Now, ignoring these Negative n Illogical Idea Mongers; lets see what's The Positive Approach.
I'm of the thought that One shouldn't renounce anything in the name saving/protecting something (unless that's against law). Rather one should earn his/her moral right to do something.
That is instead of refraining we must Earn The Right To Burst Crackers On Deepawali.

**Earning the Right To Burst Crackers**
Below is how I handle my conscience to keep promoting myself celebrating Deepawali in all gala way I had been doing.

How shall we earn our right to Burst crackers on Deepawali?
Well, there is no exact way to earn it, it's all on individuals to craft a way for oneself.
However, I will share the way I designed it for myself.
This is what I did last year-
- I never burst crackers on any other occassion, like new Year, any cricket win or anything else
- I've bicycled n walked many kilometers n saved 10s of litres of petrol. I've even travelled multiple hundreds of kilometers on Bus (within city). Point to note here, in these cases of walking, bycycling n bus riding, going by 2 wheeler / 4 wheeler was lot easier for me.
- I've also never used my car unless utmost needed.
- I even held broom, n self clear the dirt I create by bursting crackers last year.
- I planted a Banyan tree (years ago). The tree is in full glory now, giving Huge shade n home to various birds
After this I feel I have liberty of a reasonable celebration on Deepawali (with crackers).

Why Should we Earn Right to Burst Crackers On Deepawali?
Deepawali is a Hindu Festival. Hinduism is practicing n praying of God, which is not just our deities but also our Mother Nature. So Air, Water, Sun, Tree, etc all are Gods and we must preserve them all.
So, Getting into habit of walking, cycling n using public transport is doing more good to oneself, our nature, our economy n our country. So one day of relaxation on Deepawali times is allowed (I feel) and your right is earned.

How to Measure?
There is no maths I used here, but loosly I targeted to save fuel double of worth of crackers I burst.
And by doing this since last year I realized I'm have save more than 4 times of worth of crackers I plan to burst this year. Cheers to Me!!

Why Will I burst Crackers?
For Me Deepawali had always been lots of light, lots of sweets & loads of crackers. Now I want to give the same to my kid. However adding it with the sense of responsibility that her father is paying back to mother nature in means possible.

What if You haven't Earned Your Right, yet?
Go ahead and have fun this year. And start practicing from today, and believe you have to give back the Mother Nature for at least what you have taken from Her.

What to think of those who ask for Total refrainment of Bursting Crackers?
I best is to give them a ignore, Big Time. I feel these are delirious folks n I keep their ideas at bay.

Can I do anything after I earn my right?
No! Be responsible! We are Social Animal. So focus more on Social and less On Animal.
- Avoid green Bombs or high noise making bombs
- Try to accomodate if someone protest, and understand his/her point
- Be reasonable, in the extent of fun you have
- Don't make noise after 9:30PM

Shubh Deepwali 2015 to ALL!!
शुभ दीपावली २०१५ आपको, आपके परिवार को !!

No comments:

Post a Comment