Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Friendship Day!! Krishna or Karna??

Yesterday, while murdering my time on FB, I got one silly app that asked few questions & mapped me with one Character of Epic MahaBharat.
I got myself as Karna. My Most loved Character, as loved as Lord Krishna.

And seeing Karna, my thoughts wandered through his dolorous life. One by one thoughts kept hoping and reached in present time and on Friendship day. I remembered few days back there was this Friendship day.
I never wish or celebrate this day because I feel it's unwanted celebration. However never I have any objection to those who celebrate it. Just a matter of personal choices.

However I strongly feel about sharing of picture of Krishna & Sudama on friendship day. I think that is wrong notion of Friendship, rather people should share picture of Duryodhan & Karna.

If You see relationship of Krishna & Sudama. It was more of Giver & Taker. Lord Krishna took care of his friend in his dire times. That's big heartedness & humility in Krishna's character. But this relation is not relation of equals. I would have loved it had Sudama taken pride of himself and declined the givings. Moreover this friendship was never tested.
Then there are some who contest it saying Lord Krishna is God's incarnation & he can give. Well that point is taken, but then we all know God & human relation is more like Father & Son, rather Friends.

When it comes to Karna & Duryodhan. Then this relationship was so special. Duryodhan,  offered his friendship to a low caste but highly talented man. Karna accepted it. Duryodhan's friendship brought Karna respect & honour in society while Karna's friendship in turn shielded Duryodhan from his opponents though his loyalty & war skills. This bond was so strong that Duryodhan who wept death of his 99 brothers, cried inconsolably when Karna was Killed. He even declared that even if he wins his victory would be meaningless. He would however, continue to war to revenge Karna's death rather for kingdom. Karna on the other hand, defended his friend Duryodhan, even after his life secret got revealed to him. That he actually is fighting against his real brother when fighting for Duryodhan.
Both loved & trusted each other, un-conditionally.

Such is the bond of friendship, which even if tested against real blood relations, stands tall.
So Belated Happy Friendship Day! May we remain Friends Like Duryodhan & Karna.
FB app has told me that I'm Karna, true or not but I loved that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment